Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Job!

So, I mentioned that I'd been doing some volunteer work here, a little there... but I haven't really had anything steady in a long time. And, that's been wonderful. It's allowed me to really be involved with the kids drama, schooling, and youth group. It's also allowed me to find a new happy place... on the river (or lake). I've fallen in love with kayaking. It's so wonderful. So much fun and great exercise.

To that end, I am preparing to go back to work. I almost still can't believe it. It was an absolutely fluke. I was in the right place, at the right time, with the right person.  Less than a week later, I was hired as the head baker/pastry chef at a local college.  I start on Monday, the 11th. I can't wait.

I admit, I am a little terrified. The pastry production area needs organization. And, while I'm used to baking in volume, I'm not used to doing it every single day. But, I'm definitely up for the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment