Saturday, July 5, 2014

What I've been up to...

It's been a long time since I've posted. Again. In the meantime, I'd started volunteering at the Culinary Center of Kansas City, and stopped. I've become quite involved with our church, especially in the "Hunger Team" area. Once a month I bake, in volume, for a local food kitchen that other members of my church serve at. It's quite fun working on the team and it's rewarding to know that I'm doing something, however small, to help feed the hungry.

I've also been doing a lot of baking for friends and family. I've done a couple wedding cakes, several birthday cakes, and lots of meringues. LOTS of meringues. I really enjoy making them. Though, the weather here in the KC metro hasn't been ideal for successful meringue making. I can't wait for fall.



Pink and Ombre seem to be the hit this summer!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment