Friday, October 28, 2011

Blueberry Dump Cake

Yummy Blueberry "Dump" Cake

I always have blueberries in the house as they are one of my youngest kiddos' favorite foods. This easy peasy recipe was adapted from the Engine 2 Diet book by Rip Esselstyn.  In his book it's actually called "Blueberry Dumpster Fire Cobbler."  Due to the fact that all my baking is gluten free, I had to substitute the whole wheat pastry flour, and I chose to use Better Batter GF All Purpose Flour.  By using the GF flour, this actually turns out more like a cake than a cobbler, but it was absolutely delicious, just the same. It was just what I needed to fill my need for sweets after dinner.

2/3 cup GF AP Flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 cup milk substitute (I use Silk Coconut Milk)
3 tablespoons either agave nectar or maple syrup
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Combine wet ingredients in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour batter into a nonstick 8" square pan. (I don't have this particular pan so I sprayed a glass pan with cooking spray). Sprinkle blueberries over the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.

This is especially delicious with lemon sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment