Saturday, May 21, 2011

Professional. Certified. Graduation!

I did it. I walked at graduation, which is something I initially had no intention of doing. When I mentioned that I didn't want to walk, my children become a little irritated with me. So, for them... I decided to just suck it up and go for it!

The most fun of the evening was getting all dressed up, getting the kids all dressed up, and introducing them to my Chef as well as the other chefs and culinary professionals at the college. My daughter ate duck rillete, only because I told her that I 'thought' it was chicken. She loved it, incidentally.

After dining and visiting with friends and classmates, I put on the my merlot colored cap and gown, and headed over to the gym for the ceremony. I walked.



Update- June 10: I received my diploma in the mail today... I'm am now "Professionally Certified" in the baking and pastry arts. I graduated with Honors, and as a member of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment