Monday, May 9, 2011

My Special Boy, his Special Olympics

My Joshua participated in his first Special Olympics regional track meet this past weekend. An amazing time was had by all... and we all got a little too much sun, too.

By the end of the day, Joshua had won 3 bronze, 3 silver, and 1 gold. This shot was taken right before his final event. I know, I know... I should have waited to he'd completed the entire day. =)

I have to say, it's been incredibly wonderful and rewarding to see him wanting to participate, wanting to socialize with the other athletes, and smiling with laughter!!  He truly is a joyful child, but his joy sometimes gets lost, deep down inside, with all the sensory "stuff" in the way. This weekend really allowed him to shine in ways other than in the world of academia, where he's already outshone the brightest stars.

My other two children greatly enjoyed the day as well, as you can clearly see for yourself. I just love this shot, it's my kids to a "T."   The girl is being a little show off, the tiny one is being goofy, and the big one is just entirely too ready for the day to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment