Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Macaroni & Cheese, the Gluten Free Vegan Way!

I did it! I did it!
I successfully made an uber tasty gluten free vegan macaroni & cheese. I'm so happy with the way this turned out. My 8 year old daughter, who is Celiac and allergic to dairy, said, "OH mommy, this is great!" That's testimony enough for me!  Here's the recipe:

Beanie's Mac & VCheese
  • 3 cups Tinkyada Rice Pasta Shells (dry) 
VCheese Sauce
Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
In a heavy saucepan heat rice milk and butter, with salt & pepper together. After butter has melted add the cheddar shreds and whisk well.

Pour prepared pasta into saucepan with cheese sauce, mix well.... and enjoy!!

I know this seems like a super easy thing, but until I was introduced to the Daiya Vegan cheese, my daughter would not eat *anything* like this. All the other cheeses have tasted too much like plastic, haven't melted well, turned to rubber after melting, etc. This one WORKS folks.... it really does!!!

My little Bean is ONE happy camper right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment