Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shoes, Revisited

In a post I made two years ago, about shoes, I made a comment about Klogs kitchen shoes being the most comfortable things ever, well... besides Crocs. Yea, don't hate.  Anyhow, I simply can't believe I ever wrote that. Since I surprised myself by finding that, I just had to correct it.

The most comfortable shoes on the planet are not Klogs, by any stretch. Don't get me wrong... they work. But, if you are going to be working in a professional kitchen, up on your feet alllll day long, the best thing you can possibly buy, for the money, is Dansko Professionals.
I can wear these things sun up till sun down, on cement floors, with no ill effects. To tell the truth, I have a problem with the arch in my left foot and I highly prefer to be barefoot. However, I can seriously keep these things on, comfortably, while working long hours in the kitchen - and that is going to come in handy over the next year while I'm working in the bake shop on campus. I'll be baking from 7AM till 2PM on Thursdays and then again from 10-3 on Fridays, then working in the bake shop on Friday evenings. I really can NOT wait.

I have to add, also... knowing just how demanding the Pastry Arts program is, and knowing how HARD the students work is motivating me to really buckle down to get in shape this spring/summer. I'm afraid if I don't... I'm going to kill myself in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment