Saturday, May 15, 2010

The practical is over... phew!

So, I did well. I got a 95% on my practical. I'm not really all that happy with it but the reasoning behind it is a long story. My dish was, for all intents and purposes, flawless.  My Chef, however, said that the vinaigrette on my salad was too light. I really don't like heavy dressings for salads so to me... it was quite perfect. So, anyhow... this is my actual finished plate. I took the photo about 2 minutes before Chef T stabbed into it with a fork. My coulis was incredibly tasty and I was quite impressed with it. My practice attempt wasn't as good.

My balsamic reduction wasn't as fluid as I would have liked it, so the design was a bit flawed. All in all, however, the taste was spot on - exactly what I was going for.

My french toast was made with gluten free bread from Udi's Bakery in Denver. =)

Only one more week till I get to say, "See ya!" to American Regional.

No comments:

Post a Comment