Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying a new, very unusual recipe!

I found a recipe for gluten free hamburger rolls and I thought I'd give it a try. It's quite unconventional and uses only 3 ingredients - eggs, cream cheese, and cream of tarter. I added a bit of rosemary - so we'll see how that turns out. I had to make this post to mention the eggs I used. I've eaten chicken from the Campo Lindo farms, in Lathrop, Mo, before. Until today I'd not purchased their eggs as they are quite a bit more expensive than other eggs.  Today, I'm so glad I bought them!

For whipping egg whites it's best to start with room temperature whites. This is different from whipping cream, where the cream, bowl, and whisk should be as COLD as possible. Anyhow...separate the eggs when cold, whip when room temp. The egg whites from the Campo Lindo chickens were quite beautiful. They whipped up unlike any other egg whites I've ever used. They are definitely worth the extra cost when it comes from a baking standpoint!!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Update: They worked, but I've had much better. I think I'll stick with lettuce wraps. =)

    ReplyDelete