Saturday, January 30, 2010

Embellishing Indian Pudding


So, my part of the menu, for Monday evening, is the Indian pudding. I've had it before but I've never made it. The fun part of this class is that I'm able to have some creative license with how I plate/present the dish. I've decided to make an apple-cinnamon compote to go under the pudding and I'm going to make a hard sauce to drizzle over it.  I'm really looking forward to making it, I think it's going to turn out really good. Chef has given us permission to bring our cameras to class so we can document our menus in photo format. Pretty cool!

I can't wait to get back into the kitchen, even though I HATE the production kitchen. Chef T has said that there will be big changes within the next few weeks. For one thing, the steam jacket kettles are leaving the building... and the big huge work table (that really has NO space for anyone to actually WORK at it) will be replaced with an honest to goodness work space. That simply can't happen soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment