Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 1 - Complete.

What have I gotten myself into? Holy toledo.

Yesterday's classes -
  • Seminar: Menu Planning & Design
  • Seminar: Purchasing
  • Interpersonal Communication
The menu planning class is going to be much harder than I could have ever imagined. And, it'll involve a lot more MATH. Oh, how I hate math. My first project is a market feasibility study for my "dream" restaurant. Where is it going to be? What are the demographics of the area? Who is my target consumer? Etc. Once the study is complete, I get to work on the actual planning of the menu, which then needs to be costed out. Oh. My. I think it'll be fun... but challenging.

Purchasing is going to be a great class. I've had Chef Marcellus previously and he's a great professor.

The communications class is going to be interesting. And that is all I really have to say about that. =)

On a totally awesome and positive note, last night I became a student member of the American Culinary Federation.

No comments:

Post a Comment