Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stocks....

I missed my second PCII class and first kitchen lab. I was spending the evening in the company of the sweetest 11 year old on the planet. Joshua and I had a room at Children's Mercy, where he was being treated for a severe ankle sprain. Thankfully, Chef Head allowed me to make up the class - so I went in yesterday morning at 8AM. Oh, what a long day it was.

We made Fish Fumet, Court Bouillion, and Vegetable Stock. Unfortunately, we didn't produce the exact quantity that we were supposed to, we fell a little short. But, on the bright side... Chef smiled and said, "Oh, that's tasty" when he tasted the fumet and the other stocks.

I spent a bit of time working on hospitality club fliers for both club membership and NYC. I did get quite a bit accomplished. So, despite the fact that it was a horrifically long day- it was a productive one. I was in class until 9:00. I was so exhausted by the time I finally made it home. That drive seemed to take hours!

I've got to get working on my market feasibility study, it's going to take forever.

On a side note, Joshua is in an air cast and walking on crutches. My poor guy. He's being brave, but we can all see how much pain he's in. He'll go to the pediatrician tomorrow for a follow up. The nurse called me yesterday and informed me that there is water on the ankle joint, probably a result of the trauma to his ankle, but I think we need to follow up even further. I'm going to request a referral for my orthopedic surgeon. I'm afraid he's out for most of the football season, though.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about Joshua. Poor guy.

    Thank goodness you were able to make up your lab though. My professors are not as cooperative. At all as I'm learning the (semi) hard way. I'm a little jealous, haha!

    What a long day for you though! Wow, I'm impressed you were standing long enough to get home! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not certain that any of my other professors/chefs would have let me make it up either. I do think it was because I contacted him while on the way to the ER and explained that I'd probably be a little late. But, obviously... I had no idea Josh would end up in a cast and on crutches!!

    ReplyDelete