Saturday, August 15, 2009

Julie & Julia

Seriously, I loved this movie. I feel a little bit sad because I didn't really care about Julie's story all that much. I love Julia Child, I always have - I always will. She was America's Escoffier and is my idol. I remember watching her on PBS when I was a little kid. I would laugh at her funny voice, but even way back then... I was learning!

I honestly did not realize that Julia Child was in her late 30s, much like myself, when she decided to go to Culinary School. All this time I've been thinking that I'm too old for such a huge career change. After learning Julia's story, I think I've changed my mind. I'm ready for this.

Thank you Julia. And, thank you Julie for writing the book that became a movie, that taught me more about Julia Child's life before she made the decision that changed her life forever. ♥

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know she was in her 30s at that time either. I loved the letter of hers they read on NPR last year....she sure had spunk!

    ReplyDelete