Saturday, April 4, 2009

I've been MIA, again!

I started my job about a month ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm now a full fledged cook in a commercial kitchen, but it's not just any commercial kitchen. It's a small wonderful kitchen that turns out high quality small and large plates for wine pairing. It's just wonderful!

Of course a side benefit of my job is the wine. I get to try wines that I would never dream of purchasing, due to the cost. I'm learning SO much!

On another note, I've learned to make the BEST gluten free bread there is. Right at the moment, I'm teaching my 10 year old how to bake it. He was recently diagnosed with Celiac, just like his brother and sister, and is frustrated about bread. I'm trying to help alleviate those frustrations by having him get his hands dirty. I figure if he bakes it, he'll be more likely to try it.

I promise to post the recipe either tonight when I get home from work, or sometime this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are loving your job!! How exciting--wine benefits...awesome!

    ReplyDelete