Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cocoa Agave Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Icing


Today is my husband's birthday. And, I feel the need to bake!! So, in honor of my hubs, I've made Cocoa Agave Cupcakes with Cinnamon Icing.

This recipe is adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World!

Cupcakes
  • 2/3 cup Silk soy creamer
  • 1/2 tspn apple cider vinegar
  • 2/3 cup light agave nectar
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tspn almond extract
  • 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Arrowhead Mills Pancake/Baking Mix)
  • 1/2 tspn baking soda
  • 1/4 tspn salt
  • 1 1/2 tspn Xanthan Gum
Line Muffin pan and preheat oven to 325.
Combine soy creamer and cider vinegar and allow to curdle slightly.
Beat in agave, oil, and extracts until well combined.
Sift dry ingredients, add to wet, and mix until smooth.

Fill liners 2/3 full and bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
*Overbaking will cause dryness*

No comments:

Post a Comment