I absolutely love Eden Alley in Kansas City. It's one of my favorite restaurants, but it's down on the Country Club Plaza and quite a bit out of the way. One of my favorite dishes is a corn & potato fritter with turtle beans and cashew cheddar. It was my inspiration for this dish.
For the Fritter:
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic sweet potato puree
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour mix
Cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve on a bed of brown rice with a drizzle of the Cayenne Aioli.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
note: I didn't measure my "pancakes" - but I'd guess I was using about 1/4 cup batter for each fritter. I was able to make 8 fritters and served 2 on 1/2 cup of brown rice, with just a drizzle of the aioli - perhaps 2 tablespoons or so. =)