Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to School

Tomorrow I begin my 2nd semester in the Hospitality/Culinary program. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. This semester I'm taking Confectionery Arts, Professional Cooking II, and Beverage Control. I have my books, I have 2 Chef's coats - I learned last semester that one simply isn't enough- and I have located my toque, which was MIA for most of the winter break.

My long-term goal is to provide tasty, yet nutritious, treats for those affected by Celiac Disease and food allergies. Yet, I'm cooking and baking with wheat. I have such an odd learning curve here.

In March I'll be taking a gluten free baking class at the Culinary Center of Kansas City and I'm really looking forward to that. Baking is such a delicate balance of art and science, and I'm really enjoying the education. I'm really looking forward to getting back into their kitchen, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment