Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bountiful Breads


These gorgeous rolls came home with me last night. They were straight out of the oven, steaming hot, when they went into the box. Pulled from a bakers oven just moments before, the aroma was intoxicating. Fresh baked bread... what on Earth could smell better??

Inside this box there are both hard and soft rolls. They were made in my Fundamentals of Baking class, as we were learning the 12 steps to yeast bread production. I'd post the recipes, however... I'm not yet proficient at converting to "baker's percentages" and these particular recipes made something like 9 lbs of dough a piece.

The rolls in the box were shaped by me, myself, and I. The round ones are shaped well, I have one half way decent double knot in there, and a couple flubs. =)

Regardless.... both my husband and my 10 year old son loved them. Adam took some to work, while Joshua nibbled on one as a bedtime snack. (Yes, there were more in the box before the boys got a hold of it!) Brenna, my gluten free daughter, took a whiff and said, "Smells good, but they are gluteny." She knows she can't have them, and she knows that Mama will make a yummy gluten free alternative just for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment