- Meat Identity: where cuts come from
- Trimming a whole beef tenderloin: buying, trimming, and how to utlize the different parts productively
- Using a Jaccarder on Meat: purpose and proper use
- Whole Chickens: sizes and uses - butchering
- Which cooking method is correct? - simple rules to understanding which cooking methods to use with regards to the different types of meats
We also did a lot of cooking, recipes to follow. =)
Our homework for this week is to go to the grocery store, identify 5 different cuts of meat, discuss where they come from, and the best cooking methods to apply to each cut. We also have to research the "Maillard Reaction."