Saturday, May 10, 2008

Knives....


For months now I've been researching knives. I knew that I would be required to learn how to use them properly. The knives I have are what we could afford on a newlywed budget. As newlyweds, I was not working (having moved half way across the country) and my husband was in school, full time. We were broke. Our knives are crap.

I've studied Shun, Wüsthof, Global, Henckles, and a couple other brands. I was bound and determined to love the Shuns. However, they were slightly uncomfortable to hold. Since I have small hands, I was sure that these Japanese knives were going to be perfect. Well, they are perfect...but not for my hands. The Henckles were incredibly too heavy. I mean... I'm sure they are awesome, but I've dealt with carpal tunnel before, and I have no desire to deal with it again.

I tried a few more, but none felt to fit my hands... until the Wüsthof! And, not just any Wüsthof... the "8" Classic." It fits like a glove.

I walked out of the store with my chef's knife and a Kuhn Rikon 3.5" paring knife.

I can NOT wait to learn how to use them, properly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment